'Cheesy' Buffalo Bean Dip (vegan)
Yields: 2 cups
(8) 1/4cup servings
This is a simple Bean Dip recipe with Buffalo and Cheese flavors that I came up with after weeks of failing to buy all of the proper ingredients to another dip I planned to try and then also using up the ingredients I had remembered to buy on other recipes thus creating a black hole of impossibility that the originally planned dip was ever going to happen.
There are several notes below on what specific ingredients I used and some alternative ideas. As illustrated in the previous paragraph, I do not do well being walled into a recipe, so I appreciate having options. Maybe you do, too. Enjoy!
1 can White Beans
2 slices or 1/4 cup of shredded vegan cheese
2Tsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2Tsp vegan buffalo wing sauce*
Additional heat if desired: cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or similar
1. Drain, rinse, drain beans. Pat dry.
2. Break cheese slices up into small piece.
3. Add all ingredients to your Ninja or other blender/processor.
4. Blend until desired smoothness. Add a tiny bit of water if needed if you are using dryer beans such as Cannellini.
5. Taste and add additional heat if needed. To me the Cayenne cheese is quite spicy, so I did not want more heat.
6. Chill 1-2 hours before serving with crackers, chips, veggies, pita, etc.
I suspect this would store for several days in the fridge, but it never lasts that long in my house.
- I used Navy Beans as I keep these on hand for their high fiber content.
- For the cheese, use what you like best. I used 1 slice of classic Chao and 1 slice of Tomato/Cayenne. The latter is a little spicy for me, so I didn't add any additional heat.
- I use Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Wing Sauce. It's relatively mild and contains no dairy. Also very good on cauliflower!
- *Buffalo Sauce alternative: equal parts hot sauce and melted vegan butter with a drop of white vinegar and a dash of garlic powder. Also a drop or two of vegan Worchestershire if you have it!
If you try this let me know how you like it!